How I Nearly Felt (Marginalia after Markson*)
How I nearly felt:
2. The world being everything that is the case naturally
a. Though I am very likely now contradicting myself
3. Most things generally being a good deal of both,
6. Inconsequential -
7. Ah, me.
8. This is not that complicated.
8a. (though it may seem to be)
9. One can hardly imagine so wishing
10. Or even begin to begin with
11. These lists
11. One's head. Doubtless.
12. The sign must have said:
a. To the castle
b. To the town
*From Wittgenstein’s Mistress by David Markson
M Thompson lives in Seattle. His fiction, book reviews, and interviews have appeared in places like Unsaid, elimae, Monkeybicycle, The Collagist, Used Furniture Review, jmww, and Spork, among others. He is concerned primarily with fiction writing and running long distances. www.m-thompson.net