A List of What I'll Write About, Compiled Earlier This Morning.
- Pool shadows = whales.
- Blackberry bushes scratch your thighs.
- I am an Indian. Why? (Let’s ask grandma.)
- Soon you’ll ask me to play and I’ll be the one saying I’m too busy.
- The procession of uniformed catholic children walking to church in B.H. during lent.
- Spencer’s photo in Sister Leonella’s office: was it really there?
- Mom’s shrink was dying in Hawaii.
- Pushed off the bench.
- Pneumonia/skin and bones/lips chapped raw. Mom and Louise: “You look so pretty.”
- The meteor shower.
- Mountain man rendezvous.
- “I made that fox pelt quill.” – Mom.
- Muddy Waters and Janis Joplin in Markleeville.
- Mom meets the devil, says no to hell.
- Mom’s lists/Mom’s summary of Mexican history.
- Almost dying in the seaplane on our way to see some lepers.
- Good white wine looks like clear pee.
- The turkey photo: Amy.
- Disney cookbook – I don’t remember making snowballs, but she says we did.
- Pan dulce and Nescafe = Old Mexican ladies with perms and bruises.
- Taco parties.
- The way Lupe chops an onion.
- Spencer stole the koi; I named him Lou.
- Terri on the tennis court.
- Evolution according to Lupe.
- Who set Dad’s tapes on fire? (Mom speculation, like “I think he murdered his wife”?)
- Little Mom behind the barn.
- The bees. Charlie. Barn door raft. Allergic and anorexic and shirtless.
- “I don’t know; I think the world is full of evil now.” – Mom at the B&B.
- Mom’s room/house. Recycled wood gives kids splinters.
- Dad’s room/house. Cold.
- Filling up the bathtub for blue gale.
- “Why can’t you tell me your mantra?”
- Haunted hotel rooms.
- The glass playhouse.
- Mom becomes a catholic.
- Cherokee – oranges, butterflies, roses, swimming, chickens + something else.
- “Remember when you were on a plane that was hijacked?” “No.”
- “They’ll record your breathing before they kill you and then play it through the intercom.”
- “We imitate each other’s faces.” “That’s pretty primitive.”
- Quiqua’s room. Hologram Jesus.
- The red-light in the bathroom.
- Old dogs with bad hips walk like models.
- Pine nuts and rosehips. Baskets.
- Saltwater lake + mocha milkshake = bleeding exema.
- June lake has no bottom.
Agatha French has written for oneforthetable.com, Edible LA, and The LA Weekly Online. She lives in Los Angeles, California.
Post a Comment